31 October 2006

Honours...it's not over till the fat lady sings

I haven't updated my blog in a long time due to uni and work and life. But I'm happy to say that I handed in my thesis last friday (and I can understand why so many people told me not to do honours) and I finished my communications project last night. My video blog can be viewed here:

I'm feeling slightly underwhelmed. By this I mean that I've been at uni for the past four years and I don't feel sad, overtly happy or relieved. Instead I feel a bit confused. All my life I've been a student. Once that secure safety mat is ripped from under my feet, where is there for me to go next? I don't have a job lined up for next year and I don't exactly know if I've made the right choices.

Don't get me wrong I love what I've studied, I've worked hard, I've never asked for an extension, never failed a unit and spent countless hours in the library. I've had fun along the way. However, I still feel like something is missing.

I'm taking a bit of a sabbatical and going away to US/Europe in December and January. See the world, living life, that kind of thing. I'm looking for my new life direction. I'm still writing and am hoping that new opportunities are lying around the next corner.

After all, I haven't even turned 21 yet...

T

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't seem to access your vlogs of Bean Aid @_@

.Sue-Anne

8:06 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

That's because the site crashed...

I can try to send it to you?

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home