05 March 2007

The Art of Interviewing

According to Seek, a job interview should be two way. Not only should you be answering questions in a way that makes you attractive to your employer, you should also be asking questions that determine if your career objectives can be met by the employer.

Last week I did three job interviews and I have another lined up this week. It's rather emotionally draining. You have to have the perfect outfit, your voice has to sound clear and convincing, your expressions both bodily and facial has to exude with confidence. Most of what you say is backed up by your non verbal cues.

It's pretty vicious out there with the JDFs, CVs, salary packaging, + super + bonus (does that mean additional or on top of?) and the recruitment agencies that push you to the bottom of the list.

Jaded, much? Listening to my high school pals talk about their current careers has made me feel more restless and eager to start work. On the up side, I do have my graduation to look forward to...(read: get tipsy at)

Anyway I am in dire need of funds as I'm going to Melbourne for Easter (rendevous!) and am subconsciously planning my next overseas trip.

T

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home