12 January 2006

Cute Ruski Pic #1



Ruski received a letter in the mail today. It was actually addressed to Ruski, which is his new vet centre's attempt to be cute. His old vet clinic closed down while the Doc decided to do further study into equine breeding, as you do. Ruski's letter was a reminder about a six month check up but Ruski's only ever had 12 month check ups along with his yearly vaccination. I think the letter, with its magnet on the back and the way it was written from a cat's point of view was really just trying to suck me for more money.

Honestly, Ruski doesn't even have Medicare.

I'm starting work experience next week at a women's fashion magazine. There's a poodle which wanders around the office and I was told to basically come down Monday morning and have a "mess around". I'm not sure if this is a good sign. Hopefully I'll learn something. Even if I don't (doubtful) at least I'll be out of the house and attempting to be productive.

On the bright side the lady whom I met enjoyed looking through my portfolio (basically everything I had published last year) and chuckling at lines I don't even remember writing.

That's the thing about words, you never remember them once they've left your fingerlips.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, vets are extremely expensive. It's a luxury to have a pet, so health is expensive too - but they are worth it aren't they? It's ironic because even health for us humans comes with a hefty price, oh and don't forget insurance and the 'benefits' depending if you also opt for private. Though we Australians like to think we follow an egalitarian attitude, i do believe that some parts of us (especially the higher incomers - yea i just made that up), are a little selfish and glad that they are able to get more benefits and have access to specialty clinics and services even though they don't need it.
Think about a world for pets (and i specify pets only - not animals) where a few are able to access the few luxuries in life like pet sitting, activities, clothes and jewellery, furnishings and even a trip overseas, and than there are strays that get public assistant like a quick feed now and again from a generous old lady or from the local dust bin. Similar world isn't it?

Eat or be eaten; survival is the key.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home