05 January 2006

Welcome to New is the Same Old

Welcome to the Same Old.

After having two other blogs I decided it was time to move ship again and have found myself a new home. I’d like to try to be more consistent in my blogging and try to avoid too many of the personal entries which seemingly ramble on about nothing. (Note this is not a news years resolution) But then again I always start new blogs with that intention and contradict myself.

Hence my new title – New is the Same Old. Really we kid ourselves when we think everything is different in our lives. While some things may be new, new as in novity which means newness; innovation according to Phronistery.info (which has a great inventory of rare words perfect for pretending one has a large vocabulary), other things may be simply hiding in new packages.

Like a new blog.

Living in the hope that perhaps some newness is original I have bought an iBook. OK actually I just bought the iBook because I like the look of it and I want in on the Mac crowd. Although if I get angry at my Mac I do not intend on throwing it on the floor like Marissa Cooper trying to write her college application.

I have discovered the old in the new in WIDGETS!

Little programs which are cute, user-friendly and…addictive like BLOBBIT.
My new time-waster! I haven’t managed past 12900 yet but I intend on rescuing more little blobs and saving the world from alien warfare.

One blob at a time.

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home